January 26, 2011

Bench Warmers

We all know that guy who brags about being in the gym for two hours five days a week.  Well maybe he's a Bench Warmer.   You know a person who always talking to buddies about nothing while sitting on a bench in front of the heavy dumbbells.

Well today a bench warmer, in 1970's short and tank top was in my way.  No I didn't yell or do anything  rude,  even though he was being inconsiderate to my workout.   I decided to improvise by doing my dumb bell flies in the same area I was bench pressing.  Carrying my dumbbell (heavy dumbbell) past his conversation letting him know he had not ruined my workout.  45 minute and out, that's it.  And yes he was still on  the bench talking as I was leaving.  I actually felt sorry for the guys he was talking too, maybe they are tired of looking wimpy and one day would like to workout before they get cold...

To all you  Bench Warmers,  There are chairs in the  lobby for social hour.

2 comments:

heat pump said...

I often see a lot of bench warmers, sometimes I do feel quite lazy once in a while, but being a habitual bench warmer is very bad. Sometimes I they they just love to chat and do nothing or maybe the there ain't enough blood in his brain anymore.

Anonymous said...

I know how you feel with this one, usually the guys who think they know everything about weight lifting and want to share it to the whole gym. You did what was best, out lift him and make him move to another area to cry.