January 26, 2011

Falling of the Roof.


It has been almost a decade since I had my ankle surgery, thank you Dr. Taylor you rock.  I see people every day not using the proper safety equipement i.e fall-protection.   The funny thing about my ankle injury was I did not fall more that three feet and I snapped my ankle.  My foot was facing the other direction.  As a power lifter,  I was told I had stiff ankle joints that did not give to the impact.  But if I had been using the proper safety equipment like a DBI harness I would have not  have had an injury.   

When I’m in the gym I use wraps and a back support belt, sometimes even a Titan bench shirt.  But when I work on the roof, nothing.   Well I think the lesson  I learned a decade ago was to always use the proper safety equipment in what ever you do.    I found a DBI/SALA harness on ProSafetySupplies.com for less that $200.  DBI/SALA  fall protection has been discounted for the remainder of the month at ProSafetySupplies.com with at shock absorbing lanyard.  That’s right no more falling off the roof for me.  Check it out before they are all gone.

No comments: